YAESU FT-450D digimode interface
The original project can be found at http://www.w3yy.com/fsk.htm, but I have done some hardware modifications. Thusly I can use SSTV, RTTY and PSK mode as well.
Setup FT-450D for digimodes
Plug the FT-450 "DATA" jack (on the rear panel) and audio 3,5mm jack to your PC:
1. In the FT-450 menu, turn DIG VOX on , by setting it to 90. This will switch the FT-450D into transmit mode, when it gets audio from the DIGIMODE interface.
2. Set menu item "D TYPE" to "USER-U" for each band. Be careful: the default is "RTTY" -- that does not work for PSK.
Plug the FT-450 "DATA" jack (on the rear panel) . Put audio 3,5mm jack and 9pol DSUB to your PC. (Serial/USB adapter recommended).
1. Check menu item "D TYPE" must be „RTTY” . (the default is "RTTY")
2. Menu item RTY TON (RTTY TONE) can be set to either 1275 or 2125. The 1275 setting provides a more pleasant listening experience.
3. Make sure RTTY menu items RTYRPOL (RTTY RX Polarity) and RTYTPOL (RTTY TX Polarity) are set to NOR (Normal) and menu item RTY SFT (RTTY SHIFT) is set to 170.
4. Put the FT-450D into mode "DATA / LSB" to operate
Plug the FT-450 "DATA" jack (on the rear panel) and both of audio 3,5mm jack to your PC.
1. Check menu item "CAT RTS" must be „Disable” and „CAT TOT“ are „10“. „CATRATE is „38400“
2. Set menu item "D TYPE" to USER-U for each band. Put the FT-450D into mode "DATA / USB" to operate.
3. WSJT-X settings, radio tab ensure you have FT-450 selected as the radio, and Mode set to Data/Pkt, PTT set to CAT and the correct speed is 38400. If Mode is none then the radio will stay in whatever mode you select via the front panel. Setting to Data/PKT will put the radio in USB DATA. Pressing the “Test CAT” should get you a “Green” success.